Saturday, August 23, 2008

Work Dilemma

So my latest is that I have been working at the USDA and everything was going fine. For most of my first week I was doing Survey(which is was I did last year) and then I switched over to Sanitation so I could get better hours. I was on my 2nd day of sanitation(which was yesterday) and Survey offered a Crew Lead postion to me.
Now my dilemma is: I don't know if I should take the position Survey offered or if I should stay with Sanitation. I can see the highs and lows of both jobs. With Survey its more physical which I don't mind at all, in fact I like it, and its good leadership skills that I know I can use in my future, but its also more responsibilty for the same amount of money. Sanitation is great hours which means more pay, and I don't mean to be greedy or anything I just have stuff I need to pay for like school. Sanitation is fun too! No matter what choice I make its the same amount of money and they are both going to be Monday-Saturday. I have no idea which one I want to do. It does make me feel good that Survey trusts me enough and likes my work enough to offer me that position. That feeling can definately help with any doubts I have about my job!
Oh and just for the icing on the cake, the radio station just offered me a lot more work to do on Saturdays all the way up thru October, I believe. I thought I'd throw that out there!

2 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

I remember the crazy days of decisions... I hope you figure out what will work best for you and enjoy it! I have yet to see a post about your trip to Logan and SLC??? What is up with that??? JK Hope all is going well... love you!

Lisa said...

Good luck! Only you can decide. That's the hard part. Just do whatever makes you happy though. It is not fun to have to work a job that you hate!