Saturday, September 6, 2008
????
Is meeting someone just once enough for you to know there could be something there? Is going to meet them a second time a good idea? Will it give you false hope, too much hope, or no hope at all? Is seeing them again worth it or is it too painful? Would the feeling be mutual or a one way thing? Is it really a true feeling or is it just one you want bad enough that you're telling yourself its happening? Will it turn into the fairytale you wanted in your life or will it just be something that happened once and the memory will fade? Can one person believe in something enough to make it possible even when it seems impossible? In this situation can you believe in the saying "anything IS possible?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I just have to say that the first time I met Randy I knew something was up. I went home and broke up with my boyfriend that day, something I should have done long before. So yes, I guess I do believe that just once is enough to know. If you want to live with no regrets, my advice is to make the attempt. It may not turn out as hoped for, but you'll never know unless you give it a chance.
I agree with Linette. You never know unless you take the chance, I have been asked many times....this is what a very significant person in my life said to me once....
"Your close relationships have often brought you pain. You would like to numb the pain. I get that. I see why. I don't blame you. Do you wish that you had never had the relationships in the first place? Is it better to avoid the relationships altogether? I
guess I'm wondering, does the good that came from those relationships
outweigh the bad? Did they help your life more than harm it? Or is the pain so much to bear that it overshadows all the good moments, lessons learned, love felt, etc? I think of the most painful relationship in my life, and I want to run, hide, numb that pain. BUT, I wouldn't give up the relationship that I have just to get rid of the pain. Maybe I'm different from you in that way. I certainly have never gone through what you have with Gary. Do you think that your family wish he were never born at all? Would that have been better? I guess this is kind of like that old quote:
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
Sorry after reading what I wrote it isn't all that relevant to your situation, maybe it is but it wasn't necessary for me to just spill like that. All I really needed to say was the quote...I am so so sorry.
You never know until you try! You will always learn something from a relationship, even if it is just what you DON'T want. Sometimes, you will find a good friend that will never develop into anything else, but at least you have another friend! You can't have too many of those. Give it a shot...what have you got to lose? NOTHING!!!!
So who did you meet?
LOVE CONQUERS ALL! :D Yes, Deverie...I honestly believe that one person can change your life FOREVER...and i think its cheating to expound because I know BOTH people that this blog post is talking about....and if I expound, I will ruin the surprise...SO...we will just discuss it...or kinda already have? I dunno...but I love you and yes...take the risk :) You'll never know otherwise...
Post a Comment