Sunday, April 12, 2009

Heading Into the Unknown!

Two weeks ago I was asked if I would be willing to take on the calling of being a primary worker. Teaching the 11 and 12 year old's to be exact. I said yes. I was very nervous about it but the fact that we had general conference last weekend helped me because I knew I had time. I didn't give it to much thought. But the thoughts I did have about it were nerve racking. I have never had a calling like this. I barely know anyone in this ward. I am to shy to teach kids I don't know. I have no idea what to do!
Well today came around and I knew I was going to get set apart. Rather than being nervous all day I was relatively calm. SURPRISING I know! The time came to be set apart and since my dad is in the bishopric he is the one who set me apart. The calm feeling I had all day stayed with me. Just like the last time I had a calling, instead of being really nervous about it, I was calm. I guess that means that this is what I am supposed to be doing for my ward right now. We'll see what happens with it!
I am a little nervous about having to give my first lesson next week because I've never had to teach a lesson so I'm not sure where to begin and I don't want to wing it to bad! :) Any advice for me?

4 comments:

Logan Bradley said...

Deverie, you are gonna be an awesome primary teacher. The Lord will help you overcome your worries and fears. Those kids are going to freakin love you and you are gonna love this calling as long as you give it your all!!!! :D I'm always here to help

Sean and Brittany said...

I used to teach that class in my parents' ward. It is actually kinda fun. Don't preach to them cuz they'll tune out. Try to involve them in lesson as much as possible. Turn it into a discussion more than a lesson. You'll be amazed at the insight the kids will have.

Unknown said...

You will do so well in that calling! The only advice I have is that the kids can always tell if you want to be there or not, so as long as you really care about them they will love you!

Amber Bradley said...

I don't know how I missed this one... I remember my first calling and I felt the same way. I was very nervous! I hope it has been going well, I am sure you are a wonderful teacher! Just always pray before you go and ask for help! Hope to see you again soon! I had a lot of fun that last weekend. Now next time we get together we need to play some games!!! To bad the rain decided to ruin that last night!!!