Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hope, Faith, and Desire

We all have that one person in our lives that when we are around them we become the person we want to be. The person who provides us with hope, faith, and desire. They help us realize the little things we want to change to become a better person. And it is when we are around them that we strive to be better. That positive atmosphere they help create is one we don't want to be rid of, one we wish we could have with us at all times. Being around this person can change your outlook, even if only a little, but big enough to make you want to do better and be better all the time. But the minute you leave their presence you feel yourself slipping back to the person you were. To the person you don't want to be.
Wishi
ng we could be around them all the time but knowing we can't, why is it we don't strive to do better when we aren't around them? Why don't we do our best to keep their spirit around us even when they aren't around us themselves? To do what we can to remember how we feel around them? To endeavor to be the person we want to be? The one we become around this person. Our person who fills us with hope, faith, and desire.
I have rece
ntly been able to spend time with the person who provides me with hope, faith, and desire. The person that when I am around them I want to do better. To be better. This person helps me to see the change I want to make in myself. While it may not be a drastic change it is a big enough one that it would make a bigger difference in me than some people might realize. I know it is something I can change. It is something I have done once before but as we all know, old habits die hard and can come back easily if we let them. It came back and it is only around this person that I realize how far I let it back in and it is only around this person that I realize just how much I want to have it gone again.
So to this perso
n who provides me with hope, faith, and desire I say this: I don't want to be the person who sits back and lets what you show me pass me by. I want the person I try to be around you to be the person I am all the time. A person I love being. While I know it will take time and effort to become that person, I look forward to the lessons I will be taught in this situation. I look forward to becoming a better person, a better me.
I also say this: tha
nk-you for being a person who provides me with hope, faith, and desire. For being a person I can confide in. A person I can turn to. A person who is my friend. Thank-you for being you!

No comments: