Wow I am really behind in writing an update about my amazing, life changing trip! I don't even know where to begin. It was by far the best thing I have done in my 21 years!
I was able to spend a couple days in London, which was so much fun. I got to go on the London Eye! Best Farris Wheel I have ever been on, also the biggest. The view was amazing! You could see how big London really is. On a clear day you can see France from the London Eye. I went on an overcast day so if I saw France I don't know I did. :)
They have clocks everywhere and guess what Big Ben is believe it or not, really big! I came off the underground at Westminster and when you walk out of the platform one of the exits is right next to Big Ben so you see up close just how big it is! It is amazing to walk out, turn your head, look up and see this giant clock that millions go to see every year.
Westminster Abbey is really cool. I didn't go inside of it but I walked around it. I did go into St. Margret's Church that is right next to it and it was beautiful. The architecture is so beautiful and it never gets old to look at it!
I spent an evening walking around Oxford. The number one place in England that I wanted to go. I am very grateful that I got to go. There was a group of us walking around, kind of an FHE after FHE. The universities were amazing! Better than any we have in the states. :)
Windsor Castle wasn't a place that I had ever really thought about visiting but Kate told me before I even went over there that I should, so I did. I LOVED IT! I can't even say how much I did. Every bit of it was amazing! I took so many pictures that day! Just of everything that I could. I took a tour inside, no pictures allowed, but it was so cool being inside a real castle. One that has and is still being used. The history that you learn while inside is priceless, and since I'm a nerd when it comes to history, I loved it!
Reading was the town I was staying in and I was able to walk around there and see some amazing things there too. It is more of a business town and not really many tourist sites but still a lot of fun to go see. At least I thought so.
I got to ride trains and buses almost everyday. That was a lot of fun. Experiencing it was really cool. Not something we have a lot of in this area but something they have everywhere.
English food is so GOOD!!! I loved it. I don't know that I could pick a favorite but how I wish we had more of it over here or if my mom made those types of meals. Yum! It would be fantastic! I had fish and chips over there and they were so good. Way better than any I have ever had, but it was so much food. It fills you up! Worth it though!
My favorite part was spending my evenings with Kate and her family. The Turney's are the most amazing family! They welcomed me so easily and they would treat me like I was one of them. I never had to worry about anything while I was there. They took such good care of me. I just love them!
I did most of my traveling and site seeing on my own but it didn't bother me. I wouldn't have let that stop me from going. Plus I learned a lot that way and I definitely had my eyes opened! No fears anymore either! Visiting a foreign country on your own at age 21, why would I ever be afraid of anything again? I know I changed my outlook in more than one way while I was over there. So I say to any challenge, bring it on! :)
3 comments:
Hands down, the best Abby I've ever seen!
Glad you enjoyed your trip....(although I'm still waiting for what you promised me:)
So glad you had a great trip and saw so many amazing things. Even better that you came back home because this family sure missed you. We love your little "english" slip ups. OH NO!!
Sounds like you had a blast! :) But where are the pictures? lol
Post a Comment