Where to begin? I've known for a while that I needed to update my blog, but I haven't had much to say. I could write about surgery and recovering from that, but that was awhile ago. I could write about how I spend my days, but I can't promise that that would be very exciting. I could write about my new running excursions, but I am out of shape so its not that impressive. I could write about the fact that I need new adventures in my life, but I only have a lead on one. Personally I think I have good reason to be stuck and not sure what to write about! :) Maybe I should just sum everything up in one blog post. I'll try and keep it short.
It took awhile after I first became sick to get my gallbladder out but I was able to go in for surgery on Jan 27. I went to the hospital in the morning and the surgery was about noon. Everything went well at the hospital and I was able to leave shortly after 5 p.m. After a few rough days things started looking up for me and I recovered well. I owe a few people a lot for taking care of me while I was like that, I am very grateful for all the help I received. I think I must have gotten sick of everyone else in my family getting all the attention so I decided it was my turn! haha! Not something I ever want to go through again. I'll stick with everyone else getting all the attention from now on. Besides, I'm not one who likes to be the center of attention, unlike some people I know, Logan! :)
Lately I've been spending my days trying to find a job. I look mostly on the internet, a downside to not having car, but every now and then I will take my dad to work so I have a vehicle to look for more or to go apply for some of them in person. I haven't had much luck so I am still working on it. Told you that part wouldn't be that exciting!
Running: something I used to do for basketball in high school. I'm not in high school anymore nor do I play competitive basketball so why would I consider this? A couple of weeks ago some ladies in my ward wanted to start getting together and go running well my friend Katie was one of them who decided to join this group of ladies, so she asked me to join them, so I did. Its not bad. Some days it is a little harder than others but somehow I do it. I'm not consistent in what I run but I think all but the first time I have done at least a mile. I'm getting there, some days I do two. It all depends on the day I guess. So far most of the days we have gone it seems like it has been in the rain. The joys of Idaho weather huh? Personally I prefer to do it while its cooler like it has been. I seem to do better on those days. So as out of shape as I am its been good for me. Its a good release too, which never hurts to have. I somehow got suckered into doing a 5K this summer so I think I'll stick with it for awhile. Thanks Katie. :)
As for the new adventures that I need, I don't know what to say. Running started a few weeks ago so does it qualify as new? I do have a friend who has been trying to get me to go to institute for a few weeks, I think I'll give it a try this week. Its something I've never done before so why not? No harm in trying. It'll be good for me anyway! That right now is my only lead. I need to expand my horizons just a little bit I think. I guess that in its self is an adventure!
2 comments:
You are great at running! Thanks for coming you keep it interesting. And YAY for institute and new adventures :)
Dang straight I love attention...But it's more like I DESERVE the attention ;)
Post a Comment