Monday, April 6, 2009
Jet Lag Without the Plane!
I had a friend coming to Utah from England and we had plans to meet on Thursday around lunch time so I decided it would be better to leave Wednesday night. So I made the trip to Brittany and Sean's on Wednesday. I left around 5:30 P.M. which was sooner than I thought I would be getting out of Idaho Falls! I needed to be in Layton before 9 so I could pick some stuff up for Linette. Don't worry I made it to Layton around 8! So from Layton I headed to Brittany and Sean's. I had plans to meet up with my friend in Salt Lake on Thursday. Thursday morning rolled around and our plans were changed. I went to Orem instead. I got to Orem between 11:30 and 12. When my afternoon in Orem was wrapped up around 5 I headed to Linette's and because I left during rush hour it took me an hour to get to Linette's. So more driving! After my night at Linette's, I had to head to Lehi to pick Aimee up from work at 10. I stayed the night at Chris and Aimee's that night. After being woke up by my 5 year old niece, Riley, Friday morning and due to weather conditions I decided I better get on the road sooner rather than later so I was gone by 9 in the A.M. Stopping only once because I needed a drink, I should have got one before I left Lehi, I reached Idaho Falls around 12:30 P.M. The roads weren't as bad as I thought they would be! They cleared up around Layton and didn't get bad again until I reached Blackfoot, but even then they weren't so bad that I was going really slow. I decided to stop in at my mom's office to say hi and let her know I was home. Then I went to say a quick hi to my neighbor before my parents and I left for Montana! I was back in the car before 3 and before I wanted to be to take the 4 1/2 hour trip to Missoula to visit Brianne and Charlie. At least this time I got to sleep since my dad was the one driving and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Saturday we spent a little bit of time in the car as we drove around Missoula looking at the city my sister lives in. Thank goodness it wasn't that much time. Sunday came around all to quick and before I knew it we were in the car again making that drive back to Idaho! Why is it that the drive home always seems to be longer? We got home around 7 P.M. You may think this tale is over but its not. I get about 3 days of normal day to day activity, 1 day will be different from the rest. Well technically 2 because Thursday night I will be back in the car headed to Utah again! My parents, Logan, and I will be headed to Utah for the majority of Easter weekend. We will be headed back home again on Saturday! We will be visiting Chris and Aimee and their new little one that should be coming soon! Tomorrow if not today! Then either Friday or Saturday we will be spending a little bit more time with my friend from England and her family! So even though it is a lot of traveling, it is all worth it! I am so very excited for this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow....that makes me tired reading it! Glad you traveled safely!
I can't wait!!!! This trip has been a long time coming! Sorry you have to travel so much but this next time it will be with me so it will be 10 times as fun.
Post a Comment