I know what you are thinking, Yeah right! There is no way that would happen. Or what poor soul would ever try changing Deverie's stubborn ways? That's an impossible feat! Well I'm here today to tell you I tried something new. Something I am still shocked about. I can't believe I helped do this! Believe it or not I helped make Strawberry Jam!
I said I needed new adventures in my life, well my friend Katie delivered.
I was invited over for dinner at Katie's house and when I got there I asked if there was anything I could do to help, (surprised I asked that? Me too!) so Katie told me I could cut strawberries. Wait? What? Katie told me to do something with a knife? All this time I thought she knew me better than that! I have no room to talk, if I knew myself I wouldn't have agreed to do it in the first place! Good thing strawberries are already red I guess! :) It wasn't bad and surprisingly I didn't even cut myself while doing it! Yay me! I either did a good job or I was doing so bad Katie didn't want to offend me by saying anything so she didn't! hmm? I'm not sure on that one!
I did that until dinner and then after dinner and FHE were over with I went back to cutting the rest of the strawberries for her. When they were all cut she got the stuff out to make jam. Not sure how it happened but next thing I know I am helping her make it. Something I have never done before, probably why she had me do the easiest stuff, that or she remembered I am no good in the kitchen so she was trying to keep it simple for me. One of those, I'm sure of it! :)
All I really did was stir things or wash jars, although on occasion I had to fill the jars. I was only a little messy, but Katie had a rag on hand! Even though I did good while cutting the strawberries and I was able to do it without any injuries, I don't have the luxury of being in the kitchen without hurting myself, I burned myself on a pan while working on the second batch. Smooth I know! No surprises that it happened either. Oh well. Its not like it was a bad burn anyway. It didn't even leave a mark.
Even after that I still stayed in the kitchen and helped finish the jam. Injury free the rest of the way! :) After the jam was all done we had some strawberries set aside to dip in chocolate. My job with that one was to stick the strawberries on toothpicks, she did all the dipping in chocolate. You thought I was messy, you should have seen Katie! Chocolate everywhere! haha! I gotta say though, those chocolate covered strawberries were good! I probably should have saved some for her family! Oops! ;)
All in all it was a good night and I had fun. It was a good experience for me. Not saying its a habit I am going to pick up or anything but at least now I can say I did it. Something new for me! I said I wanted it and I got it, so no complaints!
Oh no one mention to my mom that I helped Katie do this, she might get offended because I never help her or she might expect me to help her next time she makes jam! We can't have either of those things! ;)
2 comments:
Lol! I won't tell anyone. Good job, Dev! By the way, I am now craving strawberries... :)
Now I know you can, guess what you get to help me with! ;) You can do anything you put your mind to!!!!
Post a Comment